Friday, January 23, 2015

Hanging On For Dear Life

Pin It
I feel like the man in this picture... Holding on for dear-life...


The past few months have been a roller-coaster of events, activity, and travel, mingled with bouts of a bug that left me upside down, just hanging on for dear life.
Ever felt that way? Like someone hit the fast forward button on your life and the best you can do is hold on?
This time of year can leave us stretched thin. Hearts clenched, breath held, lips pursed, tears waiting to spill. You too? Nothing sounds more delicious than to sit down like the snow.
When life leaves you feeling like the grounds in the bottom of your coffee filter – weighed down, sapped of life – we must allow ourselves permission to slow down. Take a break. Breathe in. Focus on what matters most.
In the midst of struggle, this week brought revelation…
I have to let go of the things that I can't control. I can not make my credit better over night, I can not build the perfect handicap accessible house for Trenten over night,  I will not get the career of my dreams over night, I can not make money magically appear in my bank account, and I can not control the unexpected things in life that happen.
What I can control is how I react and how I handle situations that are thrown at me. I will finish school, my credit will get better over time it's just going to take some work, I will eventually get the career of my dreams, I will build a house for Trenten when the time is right, that flat tire will get fixed, the bills that are piling up will get paid some how some way, and money isn't every thing and someday hopefully soon we will have more than enough to get by.
I am healthy, I am loved, I am enough!

Until next time...

 Jeri

Just imagine for a second you could make all your dreams come true, achieve anything you want and succeed in all your undertakings. - See more at: http://zenoptimise.com/gripping-ways-to-start-post#sthash.VdyAMP65.dpuf
“Just imagine for a second you could make all your dreams come true, achieve anything you want and succeed in all your undertakings.” - See more at: http://zenoptimise.com/gripping-ways-to-start-post#sthash.VdyAMP65.dpuf
“Just imagine for a second you could make all your dreams come true, achieve anything you want and succeed in all your undertakings.” - See more at: http://zenoptimise.com/gripping-ways-to-start-post#sthash.VdyAMP65.dpuf

Just imagine for a second you could make all your dreams come true, achieve anything you want and succeed in all your undertakings. - See more at: http://zenoptimise.com/gripping-ways-to-start-post#sthash.VdyAMP65.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment